As the demographics of Tasmania change, so does our need to be able to work effectively with people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
This 8 hour workshop, developed by WA Dementia Behaviour Management Advisory Service (DBMAS), will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Understand best practise in the care of people living with dementia from a CALD background
- Improve understanding of communication requirements
- Improve skills in assessment and information gathering to inform practice
- Increase awareness about working with family caregivers
- Improve skills in interventions for the management of changing behaviours in people living with dementia
- Improve knowledge regarding the Migrant Resource Centre and Phoenix Centre services
Who should attend?
This is a core module suitable for residential and community care workers, health professionals, volunteers, and anyone interested in working with people living with Dementia from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) background.
Upcoming workshop dates:
Thursday 19th of October, 9am – 5pm at the Migrant Resource Centre, 1A Anfield St Glenorchy
Half day training (up to 4 hours on the same day) is $120 (full fee) or $100 (concession)
Full day training (up to 8 hours on the same day) is $220 (full fee) or $180 (concession)Register