Pre-requisite: Cultural Awareness Training, Torture and Trauma Awareness or Culturally Sensitive Communication.
The ‘Working with Children from a Refugee background’ training module covers the following topics:
- Education experiences prior to coming to Australia
- Impact of trauma on learning and wellbeing
- Strategies that support the recovery process in the classroom
- Introduction to a whole school approach to working with trauma
- Resources available for schools (further online PD, CD and resources)
Who should attend?
This 3 hour training module is suitable for anyone working with children from a Refugee background.
Upcoming workshop dates:
There are currently no upcoming workshops for this training module.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about this course.